Welcome to the churches of Christ!
"All the churches of Christ send greetings." Romans 16:16 (NIV)
We welcome you to join us at your local church of Christ. Each congregation is independent (the church of Christ is NOT a denomination) so each local body will differ in some ways. Where they will not differ is in their love and devotion to Jesus Christ and commitment to the Bible as God's Perfect Word.
Who are the churches of Christ?
The churches of Christ are independent, local bodies of baptized followers of Jesus that assemble regularly for worship, instruction and service.
A member of the church of Christ believes ...
• That the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
• There is one true and holy God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Virgin birth, His sinless life, all of His miracles, His atoning death as a substitute for us, made effective through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, He has ascended to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return during the final judgment.
• That the Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son in all the Divine attributes. He awakens the minds of people to the awareness of their sin, and brings them understanding and conviction of their need for the Savior through the Holy Scripture. He regenerates them at the point of salvation, and He indwells every believer and equips him or her for personal growth and service to the church. The Holy Spirit is the Divine good-faith guarantee who seals and confirms the believer is the child of God in expectation of final redemption.
• In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through faith, repentance, and washing in the precious blood of Christ.
• In one baptism, by full immersion, in which Christ washes away the sins of those who believe in Him, and who trust His promise to cleanse and save them. This is the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
• In One body, the Church. The Holy Spirit places all who submit in obedient faith to Jesus in this spiritual body. The Scripture tells believers that it is imperative to assemble together in order to devote themselves to worship, prayer, the teaching of the word, observance of the Lord’s Supper, fellowship, service to the church body, and outreach to the world.
Local church particulars
Local churches of Christ congregations sometimes have an additional distinctive that they practice. Below is a list of those distinctives.
No Sunday School
If you are a member of the church of Christ, you are welcome to register for a free account by pressing on the button below.